Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Family and their Differences

Day 4


Ever since my parents divorced when I was very little, there has always been this sort of grudge match between them. They always seem to try to outdo one another and sometimes I just wonder why can't they just get along? I know they have their differences but why can't they just set them aside and move on. I know that sounds easier than it seems but its not impossible. The thing is it isn't just my parents, sometimes even my grandparents swoop in to say a thing or two. What really bothers me are the indirect comments that come out of nowhere, its like one minute we're talking sports and the next about something completely different. 

Its not like I don't love my parents, of course I do. I am extremely fortunate to have parents that are always there for me and like to spend time with me. They both basically hang out with me like they were my friends, we do a lot of things and spend a lot of quality time together, which I love but I just wish they would get along better. As its usual with divorced parents each have their take on why they split up (those of which I really don't care about) and again similar to the comments that pop up out of nowhere they each tell me their side of the story. "It was your mother's fault" or "It was your father's fault". 

The thing is as you must know divorced parents have to see each other quite a lot, as they attend to everything we participate in from sports to graduation. Today, however I have kinda grown used to this, so I don't mind for it too much and it has improved as my parents have learned to (for my sake) tolerate each other a little.

1 comment:

  1. Believe me as time passes they will get more civilized, I know I did. The i,important thing is that you realize that it is not your fault.

    ReplyDelete